Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jennifer Aniston and the Word "Retard"

Jennifer Aniston was on the talk show Regis and Kelly the other day, discussing a photo shoot she did emulating Barbra Streisand. When Regis asked her, "So you got to play dress up?" Aniston replied, "Yeah, I do it for a living, like a retard."


I think it was just in very poor taste for her to use the word "retard". I think it just really slipped out. I obviously don't condone her action, as the word "retard" is extremely offensive and as an actor she has a lot of influence over people, but at least she didn't say a Category 3 or 4 word.

This actually reminds me of when President Obama compared his poor score at bowling to something "out of the special Olympics," the Olympics for disabled/handicapped people.



To me, Obama's remark is worse than Aniston's, as he is the president. It was also just a silly thing to say; the people who participate in the special Olympics are probably more talented than most people in the regular Olympics. Sigh. When will society learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment